What Can Cold Air Intakes Do for My Vehicle?
A cold air intake is a type of aftermarket car part used to improve an engine’s performance. It does this by providing a more efficient way for the engine to draw in air. Cold air intakes work by drawing in air from outside of the engine bay, which is cooler than the air inside the engine bay. This cooler air is then used by the engine, which makes it more efficient and powerful.
Cold Air Intake vs. Not Having One
Cold air intakes are designed to provide a more efficient way for your engine to draw in air. By drawing in cooler air from outside of the engine bay, the cold air intake can not only add power to your engine but it’s also designed to help things run more efficiently.
You may wonder if the vehicle does not have a cold air intake will it harm the engine? The simple answer is no, it will not hurt the motor or any other components. However, it may not be running at its optimal level.
Are Cold Air Intakes Limited to One Type of Engine?
Cold air intakes are not limited to just one type of engine; they can be used on any type of internal combustion engine. However, they work best on engines that are naturally aspirated or those that do not have a turbocharger or supercharger. This is because the colder air that is drawn in by the cold air intake can help to increase the power output of these types of engines.
The Benefits and Expectations of Installing a Cold Air Intake
There are a few benefits that come with installing a cold air intake. Along with the benefits, there are some added things you can expect when installing a cold air intake.
- The cold air intake can improve the performance of your engine: the cold air intake can help to increase the power output of your engine.
- It can improve fuel economy: colder air that is drawn in by the cold air intake can help to reduce the amount of fuel that is required by your engine.
- You’ll save money on gas over time: up to a four to six-mile-per-gallon increase.
- It can be installed relatively easily: it’s designed as a bolt-on modification, which means that it can be installed without having to make any significant changes to your vehicle.
- You may also notice a change in the sound of your engine: due to the increased airflow that is being delivered to your engine, it might sound a bit more aggressive.
How to Install a Cold Air Intake
Installing a cold air intake is a relatively simple process, and it can be done at home with basic tools. However, it’s always best to consult with a professional before making any modifications to your vehicle.
- Remove the old air filter. To do this, locate the air filter box and remove the lid. Then, remove the old air filter and set it aside.
- Install the new air filter. To do this, simply place the new air filter into the air filter box and replace the lid.
- Install the cold air intake. To do this, follow the instructions that came with your cold air intake kit because each vehicle may be different.
- Remove the old air intake hose and replace it with the new one that is included in the kit.
- After the new air intake hose is in place, you’ll need to connect it to the cold air intake.
- Connect the air intake hose to the throttle body. Once the air intake hose is connected, you’ll need to reconnect the battery.
- Start your engine and let it idle for a few minutes. This will allow the engine to adjust to the new cold air intake.
If you notice any problems, such as a check engine light, consult with a professional. Otherwise, you’re all set and can enjoy the benefits of your new cold air intake.
Pair an Electronic Throttle Control or Performance Chip
Pairing a cold air intake with a performance chip or electronic throttle control can further improve the performance of your engine. A performance chip is a device that allows you to modify the way your engine runs. When paired with a cold air intake, a performance chip can help to increase the power output of your engine. It can also help to improve fuel economy.
Launch Pad offers electronic throttle control for any make/model vehicle, as well as a variety of cold air intakes for several makes – check out our selection now!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!